Exam mini album

5.8.16


This past one and a half years I followed a program that lead to a major exam ("Examen" in German) that consisted of many small and some rather big steps. It's all over now and I'm more than ready to dive into the next work-related chapter.

I decided not to include the events around the exams into my regular Project Life album, but to make a little mini album especially dedicated to the past 18 months.

My mini album included a lot of details on grades and evaluations which I don't want to bore you with. Nevertheless I'm sharing the album with you because it contains some of my current favourite papers and a very easy binding technique that I've seen over on Caylee Grey's blog.

So here it is!


As you can see, the cover is very much inspired by some mini albums Caylee Grey made. I love the effect of the gold foil/white alphas on the white corrugated cardstock. The album is about 4x6 inches.


For making this mini album, I cut paper in long strips of 4x12 inches and folded them in half. I also included some pieces of paper, vellum and transparencies that are smaller to add a little interest to the pages.

Then I stitched little holes in the back of the pages and just bound the album with a needle and white thread. So simple! I used a lot of pages, so the album doesn't lay very flat but I don't mind.


Here you can see the beautiful paper I found at my favourite scrapbooking online store (Danipeuss.de). It's by Kesi'art and the collection is called Moonlight. I'm so in love with these pale pinks, grey and dark blue tones and the geometric shapes. Just perfect.

In terms of embellishments, I added some Studio Calico grey alphas here and there, and used some elements of the June Scout Documenter Kit, as well as some Crate Paper "Hello Love" die cuts.


In the picture above, you can see how I added a smaller transparency (from this pad) and how I attached a little star as some kind of index tab.


More beautiful Moonlight paper, a vellum insert and a Seven Paper black and gold foil phrase sticker that I used throughout the album.



This constellation paper... <3



Here, I stamped the date of one of the exams onto vellum. I really like to include transparencies and see-through elements...








I decided to also include the story of applying for a new job starting after the summer. Chris took some head shots of me and we joked around a little.




This is probably my favourite page of the album: black and white Moonlight paper, beautiful script, vellum & gold plus signs.



The card is from the Studio Calico June Scout Documenter Kit.



After passing all of the exams, it was time to celebrate.

And that's it! The album is sitting on my shelf now next to my other mini albums. I really enjoyed making this album, because it allowed me to document everything (the stress /pressure and the joy) about it and it feels very good to close this book now.

Onto the next adventure!

- Kathi

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu Deinem 2. Staatsexamen und diesem tollen Minialbum, es ist wirklich total schön, so schlicht und elegant =) Eine super Idee, für den Prozess ein extra Mini Album zu machen, ich habe meine "nicht so schönen Tage" meiner Examina in meinem normalen PL und habe oft das Gefühl, sie passen da nicht immer rein..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Übrigens: ich LIEBE die goldenen Thicker!!!

      Delete
    2. Danke schön! Ja, das kann ich verstehen... So ein extra Album, das dann irgendwann fertig ist, betont halt auch noch mal mehr, dass die Prüfungen vorbei sind. Mir hat das gut geholfen, den ganzen Stress abzuhaken.
      Und ja, diese Alphas sind so mega schön! Ich horte sie ein bisschen...

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8.8.16

    Beautiful mini album, Kathi, and congratulations on passing your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elise for your kind words!

      Delete