Day In The Life

3.5.16


First of all, thank you so much for you kind comments here, on Instagram and elsewhere for my new blog and my first post. I'm so happy you like it!

Today, I would like to share my day in the life mini album with you. On march 29th, I participated in Ali Edwards' challenge to document an entire day and to look closely at routines, habits and often missed everyday details. You can read all about Ali's project here. Doing this project was so much fun and a great preparation for week in the life, which starts next week.



I didn't buy Ali's kit because I knew I wanted to use a 4x4 mini album and the kit consisted mostly of 3x4 cards. I'm so glad I chose this size because I just love the combination of 4x4 images next to the smaller squares. I ended up using a gold and craft chipboard album with small flamingos on it.



For dividing the different parts of my day, I cut down some of the page protectors and adhered index tabs that I filled with word strips made with my dymo. In terms of filler cards and embellishments I mostly kept it simple with white, black and blue.













Here, I added some hidden journaling covered by a flip up card that I attached with washi tape.





After printing the photos, assembling the album only took about two evenings... I loved this project and I can't wait for week in the life!

Kathi


Products used:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. i absolutely love this! can you share where the watercolor papers come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I painted them myself. Just some indigo watercolour on textured paper. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
    2. Wow! So beautiful. Great work!

      Delete